A few things actually got fixed.
- Some rural counties will be required to have expanded hours, though quite a few rules will apply, such as size of county.
- Employers will be required to allow time off work for voting during early voting, not just on Election Day.
- No political party will be allowed to control aspects of an election. (Not really true: Poll watchers can create chaos if they choose to.)
- Poll watchers will have to swear an oath promising not to disrupt the voting process or harass voters.
(But who defines disrupt and harass?)
- Starting in 2024, counties will be required to have voting machines that create paper trails and operate without Internet connectivity. (Harris County began using new machines that create paper trails this year.)
- Communication between election officials and voting machine vendors will have to be open to disclosure under public information laws.