The next election in Harris County has been postponed to Tuesday, July 14, 2020. This will be the Primary Runoff for both parties. Early voting runs June 29-July 10, find times and locations at HarrisVotes.com.
June 29th – July 2nd 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
July 5th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
July 6th – July 9th 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
July 10th 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The Harris County Clerk urges those who qualify to vote by mail to avoid exposure to Coronavirus.
To be eligible for a mail-in ballot, voters must be at least 65, have a disability or illness, be out of the county during the election period, or be confined in jail without a conviction.
A voter is eligible to Vote by Mail under “Disability” if “the voter has a sickness or physical condition that prevents the voter from appearing at the polling place on election day without a likelihood of needing personal assistance or of injuring the voter’s health.” The County Clerk cannot question any voter who claims a disability.
Click here for the full text of the Texas Election Code.
Your Vote by Mail application must be received by the Clerk before July 2 for the July election.
For more information click on http://bit.ly/HarrisCountyVotebyMail.
To download a PDF application to print at home click on http://bit.ly/HarrisCountyVBMApp. Or there are several ways to request a Vote by Mail application:
- Call 713-755-6965 (Harris County Clerk)
- Click on http://TXdem.co/SignupaSenior (TX Democratic Party)
- Click on https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrrequest/bbm.asp (TX Secretary of State)
Are you registered to vote?
Is your voter registration “ACTIVE”?
Is your voter registration updated to your correct address?
Updating your Voter Registration
Many people do not know that if you have moved recently, you must update your voter registration address.
This can only be accomplished online if you moved within the same county (i.e. from Harris County to another address within Harris County). Click here txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/sos/SOSACManager.
Go to register2vote.org and follow the directions… fill out the info, wait for your letter to arrive in the mail, sign, put back in the envelope, mail back! Easy.
Otherwise, you must mail in a paper application:
- Download at home by clicking here https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp
- Click here https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrrequest/index.asp to request that a form be mailed to you
- Call 713-274-VOTE (8683) to request that a form be mailed to you
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (include your mailing address and phone number in the email!) to request that a form be mailed to you
Click on https://www.hctax.net/Voter/Registration for more information about registering to vote in Harris County.
The voter registration deadline for voting in any election is 30 days before Election Day. If you do not register to vote before then, or update your voter registration address before then, you may not be able to vote!